We take TONS of impromptu little trips (always worked around Rylie's nap time...trust me, you don't want to make her miss a nap!) So I guess the whole point of this blog really is just to put the stories behind the pictures so that I don't forget, ever. We rarely ever have a "trip" planned out but that makes the excitement all the better!
This past Thursday my mom asked if Tucker could spend the night with them (he's been BEGGING) so after I dropped him off, Rylie and I went to meet Daddy for a bite to eat downtown. While I LOVE walking with Tucker downtown, it was nice to strap Rylie to my chest and just stroll down the street. She LOVES to ride in the Moby and by the time we walked, ate and walked back, she was close to asleep on my chest. My little snuggler!
We eat at my parents every single Sunday night. Play time before and after an amazing meal cooked by Papa himself. This past Sunday Bapa had their small pool filled up and between playing in it and the sandbox, they played with the wagon. Bapa and Daddy each pulled them around the yard for awhile..and I played the baby catcher (making sure Rylie stayed sitting down.)
These pictures are all out of order, so just bear with me. Sunday morning I painted Rylie's toenails (she sits stone still and just watches..she even stays still until they are dry!) After I finished, Tucker just wanted to sit with me and admire how adorable her toes are. And, of course, sing the little piggy went to market song. Both the real version and his own special version. Which goes a little something like this "This little piggy went to the Ingles market. This little piggy ate a lot of chips. This little piggy tried some rough beef. Then got nothing else. This little piggy ate even more chips. And this little piggy just cries all the time. Wah Wah Wah to its home."
My little water baby. As long as you don't get her face wet, she could play in water all day long. Past the pruny baby hands and feet stage :)
I've told you before. The girl has a 'tude. A MAJOR attitude at that. And some deadly looks to go with it.
We seriously have the best, most kid friendly and patient dog ever. She just lies there while she is climbed on and over, kissed and hugged repeatedly and occasionally while her ears are pulled. Of course, both kids sneak her so many snacks, she better put up with it :)
Someone is being sneaky...
I always wink at Tucker and sometimes he tries his very best to wink back. Example:
The MOMMY MONSTER: love his totally delighted squeal!
Tucker is seriously SUCH a great brother. He loves his "beautiful baby" so very much and is such a sweetheart to her.
I'm telling you..she will pitch a fit over anything at anytime. Rylie does NOT take a break ;-)
It's a good thing that she is cute, even when she is crying!
We've been trying to make it to the Pisgah Fish Hatchery for weeeeeeks now and somehow always seem to forget until we are close that they are closed on Sundays. However, this past weekend, we made it on a Saturday afternoon right before they closed! After a walk through the main building (which has an awesome little mini aquarium that they both fell in love with) we headed out to look at the fish, armed with some quarters. Now you know how special the kids truly are to me because Mama's worst fear is fish. After we bought some fish food, we set out to feed them. Tucker was absolutely delighted to throw a single pellet at a time into the tanks and see twenty go for them at once. He would squeal in delight and be especially delighted if one happened to flick water on him in the food battle. He would lean out be be incredibly careful not to get too close or in jeopardy of losing his balance.
He is always so concerned for other's safety. Yelling at Zeke to be careful because the rocks are slippery and the water is cold and deep (in this spot, it was less than knee deep.) Telling Rylie to be careful and look for snakes. Telling Mommy where to sit so the water won't sweep me off. Always on the lookout for others.
On the way to feed the fish, Tucker came to a dead stop in the parking lot and starting yelling and pointing at something. Upon a second look, he showed us two tiny tiny frogs! We "saved" them both and put them safely in the grass, away from cars and giant birds. They were so small and cute!
Love his crooked little chipped tooth grin. Its absolutely adorable and melts my heart.
See? Told you she was the best dog ever! Even after I shaved her and gave her a bath, she still wanted to snuggle with and love on me yesterday!
Tucker using his binoculars. You can see Mount Mitchell from our back porch and he loves to look at those giant mountains and spot the Etowah water tower in the distance.
While Tucker was super cautious around the fish tanks at the hatchery (or the "Fish Factory" as he called it), little sister was the complete opposite. I had to hold on to her at ALL times to prevent her from CLIMBING or JUMPING into any and all the tanks. She tried her best to get in and to touch those fish.
Mommy monster attacking! LOVE the big ole belly laughs he busts out!
She is such a little ham! Grin at her and its almost guaranteed you'll get one back! My favorite smile of her's is when she wrinkles her nose and her face gets all scrunchy and her smile is huge!
After crawling out of the pool at Bapa's house, Rylie face planted their driveway. Scraped both big toes, tiny scratches on both knees, scraped her chest, busted her lip, a tiny scratch on her little nose and a big ole bump on her forehead. Amazingly, the little drama queen only cried about twenty seconds then went back to play some more!
I am so so so very thankful for everything in my life. It hurts me to see friends that don't realize their blessings and don't take the time with their beautiful children. So many people have so many things that they don't even appreciate and take for granted. Its sad.
Even if I have to stop what I am doing, I always take the time to snuggle Rylie or give Tucker a kiss or play trucks for a minute or whatever they want/need. These times are flying by and I plan on enjoying every one of them..even the ones that mean I only get 2 hours of sleep a night.
So thankful that my parents are such awesome, supportive and caring people. They are simply amazing. I am blessed to have them and my children are beyond blessed to call them their grandparents!
Love my life :-)



















.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment