Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A Big Step

My sweet boy,

It's so hard for me to believe that you're already four. You've been four for 2.5 months now. I feel like I blinked and you've grown up over night.

You're an incredibly sweet little boy. From the way you grab onto me and get really close when you need an extra bit of reassurance to the way you declare your life goals to a total stranger, you never fail to amaze me.

Your baby sister looks up to you more than any younger sibling I have ever seen. She can't lay down for a nap or to go to sleep without "Tuckeeeee kiss?? Luh you Tuckee. Kiss? Luh you Tuckeeeee." When you aren't here, she wonders from room to room looking for you. And you giggle and tell her you love it when she calls you Tuckeeee. She is your biggest fan and you hers.

Tomorrow is a big day for you. Besides an occasional day with your Bapa, you've never been away from Mommy. You start preschool tomorrow. You were suppose to start last week but it snowed and schools were closed, and you were crushed. You're so excited to meet new friends and be a big boy.

You can't start kindergarten until you're 5, nearly 6. You already know all your ABCs, can identify and write them all. You can spell and write your name. You can count to 20. You know everyone's full names and that we live in Etowah, North Carolina. And boy, do you say Etowah like a true country boy!

But boy, you can not sit still to save your life! Going to preschool is just for fun now, but I know it'll help you grow and learn new things. You're going to love meeting new friends and all the fun activities you're going to be learning.

I hope that you adjust so easily that every school day, you'll be excited to go. I hope you keep your kind heart and stay confident.

But I also hope you still need your mama and will want to hug and kiss me and Rylie bye every day.

I'm so insanely proud of you. You're the sweetest, funniest, kindest little rascal ever. You say you're such a big boy and can do anything you want to. And I know that one day, you will. But for now, my heart swells when you curl up with me on the couch and tell me you just need some mommy snuggles. Just slow down on growing up so fast, please?

I can't wait to see you succeed in all your hopes and dreams. I know you will. Mommy and Daddy will be behind you every step of the way. I love you so insanely much Tucker.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment