Saturday, July 17, 2010

Big Boy Bed!!

Since Tucker discovered how to climb out of his crib a few weeks back, we converted his crib into a toddler bed. Last night was the first night.

Night # 1: He was terrified of it at first but slept the entire night (from 8 last night til 9 this morning), without getting up a single time. This morning I heard him start to wiggle then him call Mama? Mama? Then some wiggling and little footsteps. He threw his door open and came running to me, crawling up in our bed, saying HI MAMA!

Nap #1: Took us over an hour to get him to go to sleep in his bed. I think he got up, literally, over 50 times.

Night #2: He has been in bed for an hour now and is sleeping soundly..although he did get up about 15 times.

I think its incredibly cute how proud he is of himself when he comes walking out (blankie and all) like a big boy. But we are hiding our laughter..because I know a few days from now, after laying him down for the 20th time within 20 minutes, it will no longer be cute.
But I think my big boy will have this big boy bed thing down in no time :)


Also, we kinda sorta started potty training yesterday afternoon as well. Not too seriously yet, just getting him used to it. I showed him how to sit on it and tuck his weewee down one time. Now everytime, he tucks it himself as soon as his diaper is off. ADORABLE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment