Wednesday, February 23, 2011

NY: Farm!

When I was growing up I don't remember a year that we didn't spend at least a little time in NY on the farm. And when we got older, my younger brother and I even spent a full summer there doing all kinds of stuff.
One of the places I spent a lot of time and willingly did work was at my uncle's stables.
I loved spending time with the horses, even mucking the stalls. Newborn barn kittens, stacking hay in the loft, everything..I loved it. So being able to share a little bit of that with my son meant a lot, even though we didn't get a chance to spend time with the horses up close, he still loved it!

Checking out the new cows. He wasn't so sure of them when he saw their size up close.
Tucker even got a ride on one of the smaller tractors. Tucker was in heaven with all the awesome equipment!
He looks sad in this picture...but he was loving it!! Checking out a mama cow and her new calf.
He even talked Gramma and Uncle Bud into a ride on the mule...until they got stuck in a snow drift :)
He was so excited to see the chickens. However..once he got into the coop, the only veiwing he wanted to do was from the safety of Papa's arms.
See how giant that bull is!?? Tucker wasn't too sure but he did give it a little pet!

I can't wait to bring both kids back in a few years (in the warm summer) and let them experience everything all over agin!!
Awesome vacation!!

No comments:

Post a Comment