Monday, August 23, 2010

Weekends are the best

because Daddy gets to spend them with us :)

This past weekend, some pretty amazing friends came down to spend some time with us and go to a car show. Scott and Angelica took us out to eat at an AMAZING Japanese steakhouse, Kabuto. I have never been anywhere like it..Tucker and I were both amazed. I wish I would of taken more pictures of the food being cooked and our plates, plus of all of us but at least Ezekiel got a few of Tucker...
I LOVE the middle picture :)
He LOVES lemons (yes, I know..they do bad stuff to your teeth, but he rarely eats them, so its ok.)
I just wish we would of gotten a picture of his face when he stuck the whole piece in and chomped down. It was soooo cute..and it definitely didn't stop him from doing it again!
Thankfully, he was able to see a few other tables having their food cooked first, so when it was our turn, he didn't freak out at all! Despite the fact that the fire suddenly roared up in his face, he loved it. And the food was DELICIOUS!!! After dinner, the 5 of us took our leftovers and went back to our place. Once Joe FINALLY got there, we all ate again and just spent the rest of the night talking (Tucker had some chocolate milk and CRASHED) :)

Saturday we all got up early and headed to Charlotte for the ISO car meet. I really hate going to car meets normally, but I really enjoyed this one. It wasn't full of boy's toys drama, ricers and posers. Plus the weather was beautiful and Tucker was thrilled with the cars. Some of the cars were pretty awesome..some not so much (only in my opinion tho.) The Go Girls (ISO Queens) were there, taking pictures with cars and doing all the promoting kind of stuff. OF COURSE, Ezekiel asked them to take pictures with Tucker. It was pretty adorable. Tucker is THE MAN!
The girls all thought he was adorable. And of course, he got all shy. Love that little boy :)

After the ISO meet, we headed to lunch at Sonny's BBQ and then to IKEA!!!!! I have been wanting to go to Ikea for a very long time..FINALLY went!! It is AWESOME! I will definitely be going back soon! With a whole list of stuff to buy...let's hope we win the lottery! Then after what felt like a million mile drive (it was really only an hour and a half) we finally got home. After a spaghetti dinner, everyone left ( :-( ) and Ezekiel and I watched a few movies. 

Sunday was spent relaxing, going to the park and going to Barnes and Noble. Letting Tucker play with the Thomas the Train train set: HUGE mistake. I think EVERYONE watched us carry him out while he screamed bloody murder allllll the way out and to the car...and then he cried alllllll the way home! Poor little guy passed out as soon as we laid him down in his bed for nap.
Tucker and Daddy's outfits matched and it wasn't even on purpose! :-)

Not too much has happened today..Tucker and I went to the grocery store and to a thrift store. Tucker has actually been wanting to sit on his little potty every time he sees it. He hasn't gone peepee in it yet, but he likes sitting on it! Tucker and I have been making lots of healthy yummy smoothies lately! He LOVES them!
Reading about cars and drinking a banana kiwi yogurt smoothie!
Boy sure does love his bagels!


At the thrift store, I found NINE
Dr. Suess books!!! They are all brand new, don't even look like they've ever been cracked open. And I got all NINE of them for $3!!! Tucker LOVES books...he reads to himself a lot and I must read a hundred books to him a day. All of his favorite books are on his shelf (plus there is 2 boxes of books in his closet plus a bazillion more at his Gramma Kehoe's house.)
I love this little boy so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment