I'm told that after 21, birthdays no longer matter. Therefore, I had my last important birthday last week. And thanks to my AMAZING family and friends, I had a WONDERFUL birthday weekend. For the most part. My weekend started when I arrived in Etowah on Wednesday and didn't end until Monday afternoon!! I love seeing the delight on Tucker's face when he realizes that all that driving actually was worth it and he runs to see his Gramma and Grampa Kehoe, Uncle Myles and, of course, all their dogs.Tucker and I spent the rest of Wednesday and all day Thursday just relaxing and taking care of a few errands. Mom made dinner Thursday night and they gave me gifts. I FINALLY got a SAM'S CLUB CARD!!! Along with tons of baking chocolates and JELLY BEANS!!! The hubby got me a new camelbak!! And a book, that I just started Tuesday afternoon and am almost thru with..it is great. Friday started out pretty good but when downhill quickly. Thank God that things were taken care of and I owe so much to a good friend :)
We went out to dinner with my parents while waiting on Ezekiel to get there. We decided to go to the Pisgah Forest Fish Camp (I HATE seafood, but I like their chicken sandwiches and they have the BEST ranch dressing there), where we order Tucker the children's shrimp plate, which he normally loves and eats the entire thing!!!....Except for that night...monster man decided that he only wanted to eat the french fries that came with my meal, not the ones that came with his and certainly not the shrimp. So every fry that he picked up, he took a bite out of and promptly spits it onto the floor, begging for more juice. He drinks his entire cup of juice and still insists upon spitting anything that goes into his mouth..onto the floor. Finally I gave up and asked for a to-go box for his shrimp and fries. I lift him out of the high chair (in which he had spent a better part of the meal turning around flirting with a rather large lady) and stand him up on the floor. He then proceeded to pick up all the bits of food that he had spit out and laid them very nicely on the table for the waitress. He definitely inherited his mommy's clean gene!
Saturday was the first day that I have ever spent that much time away from Tucker and the first time that I haven't been there for his bedtime. While I missed my little man very, very much and thought about him pretty much constantly (I even refrained from calling to check on him!), I had an amazing day out with my BESTIE McBESTIE and Brie!! The morning started out with dress shopping for McBestie's wedding (love her dress and the bridesmaid dresses btw), which was quite fun. Then McBestie took me to the Asheville Mall where her and Brie got to play "dress up Kehoe" (I hate to admit it, but I rather enjoyed trying on clothes) and BOUGHT me a NEW OUTFIT!!!! to wear out for my birthday celebration that night! I LOVE it! We then rushed back to Mills River and made it to the bank by 12 (I think she must of set a record!) and out to a quick lunch in Hendersonville. Then we went shopping a bit more, to Brevard to get more clothes and meet our hubbies, then back to Etowah. Tucker had a little afternoon playdate with Charlotte (although they don't actually do all that much interacting yet, unless they are fighting over something, they are adorable together!) and we got in some good outside time! 

It was so nice and beautiful outside and the kids were enjoying their playtime so much (ok and the rest of us were enjoying the talking time) that at 5:40 we realized that we were supposed to be at dinner in Hendersonville at 6 and none of of were even semi ready. So we all rushed to shower and get dressed, my parents (who had watched Tucker the first half of the day) took him out to dinner again with them and watched him for the rest of the night, and then we were off to Applebees (where I ordered my first ever drink! and it was delicious!! Bahama Mammmmaaaaa!) and then to Black Rose (Long Island Ice Teas for me and McBestie!!).
Then we went to Detours, where..well it was a BLAST!! Definitely the best 21st birthday ever!! I had an amazing time from trying different drinks to watching McBestie bar dance to taking pictures to having to do a shot out of Ezekiel's crotch on stage to getting a picture with HOT TONY to endless converstaions that I will never forget (car conversations stay in the car from now on!!!)

Sunday was also pretty great! I got to spend another whole day with McBestie!!! I woke up (we got home around 2 or so) at 8 (Tucker slept in a whole extra hour for me!!!!) and I..felt great..NO hangover!! McBestie and Justin came over and we went to Charlotte's first birthday party at Bounceville USA, which was soooo much fun, for us and the kids!
It was the BEST weekend that I have had in a long time. I LOVE YOU GUYS!!

No comments:
Post a Comment