Sunday, March 28, 2010

Grumpy Bear

Tucker and I had a terrible day. It started like this...(we're both sleeping)

vvvvvVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMM
vvvvVVVVRRRRROOOOOMMMMMMMMM VVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM
VVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM,
times about 50.

This STUPID OBNOXIOUS guy thought it would be cool to rev his car up right outside our windows and sliding glass door, first parked, then he proceeded to drive it around the parking lot like FIFTY times..then peel out of the parking lot like he was on fire. So not only did it rudely wake me (and I am sure, everyone else in the building), it woke Tucker up. He normally wakes up pretty happy...NO such luck today. He woke up terrified and on the WRONG side of the bed. NOTHING mommy did made Tucker happy. Not fixing his favorite breakfast or adding chocolate to his milk, not snuggle time, not even Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. He fussed and pitched one hundred fits this morning. And by fits, I mean full blown temper tantrums..screaming, crying, throwing himself down, kicking, hitting..the whole nine yards.

Now, let me back up a little bit. Last night, we had a terrible thunderstorm..that turned into a tornado. Don't worry, the tornado didn't actually hit us, but it hit very close by. So 45 minutes after Tucker was put to bed for the night last night, mommy had to wake him up, take him outside in the cold POURING rain, and hang out in the basement for about 30 minutes until the worst of the storm passed and we were out of the tornado danger zone. He immediately went to sleep when we were able to come back upstairs. But the thunder woke the poor guy up repeatedly throughout the night.

So I couldn't really blame him for being a little grumpy this morning..but he went beyond grumpy with his little tantrums and grumpiness.

He suddenly got much happier around lunch time, when he demanded his "nana" then downed the whole banana, half a bagel, and all the chocolate milk he had refused to drink in my attempt to lighten his mood earlier that morning. Daddy comes home for lunch, which made the little guy happy as well. We then went on a walk to the main office to pay the rent. He was the picture perfect little boy all the way there, the whole time we were there (babbling away to the ladies, smiling that perfect beautiful little smile, flirting away, and listening perfectly.) We stopped on the way back to see the ducks ("DUcks") which made him happy and to check the mail. He also got to see some guys mowing the lawn, which absolutely thrilled him...until we got to the front door. I opened it and waited for him to walk inside..he got all the way in and pitched the BIGGEST fit. Absolutely refused to go any farther, kicking screaming..once again, the whole nine yards. So he immediatly went down for a nap..which he slept for 2 hours (normally its around 3.)

He woke up very very happy and I thought the nap had solved everything....oh how wrong can one be.....
He was a terror. He pitched so many temper tantrums that he like to drove me crazy! I tried EVERYTHING..NOTHING worked. Time outs did NOT phase him, a pop on the hand did not phase him, taking blankie away only made things one hundred times worse. Eventually, he found a new toy and calmed down...until he accidently hit the blinds. It was an accident so I told him it was ok..which he took to mean, oh please hit the blinds and try to pull them down. So after telling him several times, in several different ways to stop, I got up and started to walk towards him to take away the toy and put him in time out. He swung that toy around, hit me in the head (which left quite the welt) then slung himself on top of it, bumping his chin (which is now all bruised) and making him bite his tongue...OH MY GOD..the amount of blood pouring out of his mouth...well mommy finally got him to stop bleeding. Needless to say...the day went even more downhill after that.

It got so bad, that I eventually texted Zeke at 6:30, begging him to come home asap. By the time Zeke got here, dinner was done (in which some was slung on the floor in one of his fits of rage..) and he was in the bathtub. He kept getting cups of water and trying to dump them in the floor (which he KNOWS BETTER!) So when I told him to stop, he threw himself into the water and screamed, banging his head on the tub and crying. I made him get out of the tub and get dressed. Even Zeke had to help out once he got out of the tub. Needless to say..Tucker went to bed shortly after this, where he immediatly fell asleep.

As of now, I am hoping and praying that he (and I) get a good nights sleep and that we both wake up in a good mood tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment