Friday, May 21, 2010

Bucket Digs

It rained yesterday....and for the last one million and four days before that.
I was running out of inside only ideas.
Of course, Tucker would of been thrilled if I would of left the TV on all day, every day.
However, I couldn't do that..I don't let him watch very much TV as is.
I could only handle being out in the cold rain for so long, although it absolutely thrilled me to have an excuse to jump/stomp in puddles. So after a bit, even going outside in the rain wasn't working.
Let me add...I laughed so hard as when...he laid down in the puddle just giggling like crazy..wish I could of caught that on camera.

Finally it stopped raining. But still, the park was out of the question because, lets face it..no one likes sliding down wet slides...all you do is STICK to them..
Plus...I'm not a big fan of wet sand sticking to everything (unless its at the beach!)..so no park.
We blew bubbles, took walks, fed the ducks/geese, played with a neighbor's puppy, made more ice cream, made cookie dough and froze it, played in the sink "doing dishes", cleaned the whole apt..several times, watched Madagscar:
I am not sure why...but when he is wearing only a diaper...he HAS to pull it down..

Anyways...Tucker woke up from his nap crying...he only cries when something is wrong or when he isn't ready to wake up yet. So I waited 5 minutes before going in to get him, thinking that maybe he wasn't ready to wake up and would go back to sleep. I cuddled him on the couch, him crying and then he wanted down.
He immediatly fell asleep on the floor for another 20 minutes..and woke up happy.

I needed ideas..my mom told me to give Tucker a bucket and take him out and let him collect things. I got us each a bucket (one for him to put treasures in and one for all the trash my little litter-hater picked up).
He LOVED it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He filled his bucket with rocks, sticks, a few leaves, and 2 pennies.
He filled my bucket with an airhead wrapper, a piece of glass, and 17 beer caps.

We will definitely be doing Bucket Digs more often :)

No comments:

Post a Comment