Tucker went for his big TWO year old check-up today. I still have a hard time believing that he is already that old...
But they said he was perfectly healthy and right on track!!
His words and "sentences" are great, his size is good, he is developing perfectly and he is ahead in gross motor skills as well as some fine motor skills.
I'm not surprised with this, really...I mean I already knew he was a tall skinny kid..but he is in the 50th percentile for head circumference, 70th percentile for height and 25th for weight.
They pricked his finger for routine bloodwork...and he didn't even flinch. He thought it was awesome!! I mean of course at first he pulled back and asked me why but once he saw all the little equipment she was using...he was allllll into it. He wanted to see what was going on. And band-aids...apparently like his Grampa Kehoe..he's too "manly" for them! Forget. It.
So after his appointment, of course he deserved a treat for being so awesome, right? So off to McDonald's for his favorite breakfast...hashbrowns! (Okay..and maybe a sweet tea..so what!? He got a finger prick..he deserved it!)
And after naptime, I brought out the playdough for the first time. Not what I expected (in a way..I admit it could of gone 2 ways..awesome and like it did. Ha!)
He refused to touch it. When I squished his hand in it, I heard a BUNCH of "EWWWW" "ROSS mama!" (gross) "that dirty!" and "sheeeeewwww!"'s...Needless to say, he found playdough DISGUSTING!!
And we're "growing" dinosaurs..from capsules in a cup. I'll have to let you know how it turns out :)
Today: GREAT SUCCESS.
You're such a great mom Jennifer :) Im proud of you cuz!!
ReplyDelete