Nothing makes me smile more than hearing this little guy run up to me babbling and trying to tell me a story. He is finally trying to talk!! He still seems completely uninterested in learning or attempting to say most words (which is ok by me..he is already growing up too fast!) but it is absolutely thrilling to hear him attempt to repeat a word I (or Ezekiel) says. I can't help but smile when he demands a "nana nana nana" as he whining-ly demands a banana
for his lunch. Or when he runs to me crying like its the single most terrible thing that could possibly ever happen whining "mama mama mama mama" and dragging me to his room just to point out that he can't quite reach far enough into his crib to grab blankie. Or everytime a flock of geese or ducks fly overhead honking and quacking and he runs to the sliding glass door (we live beside a lake) and points loudly ex
claiming "DUck DUck DUck!!" Yes that's right..he yells the "DU" part and whispers the "ck" part. Always. Same with dog..Yells "DO" and whispers "gggggg." So unless you are listening very closely or you are his mommy, you wouldn't have a clue what he was saying. I LOVE it! And at this point, I should mention..all birds are currently ducks. There are no geese, robins, parakeets, etc. At the pet store in the mall today, the parakeets, finch
es, parrots, all the birds were "DUck"s. Very very cute. :)Nothing makes this little boy happier (ok well a lot of things..scratch that, most things make this little boy happy. He is very very very rarely upset or sad. but anyways..) than helping mommy do her chores. This includes (but not limited to) sweeping, mopping, dusting, vaccuming, doin
g dishes, cleaning the bathroom, folding (and by that, I mean UNfolding) laundry, and cooking. Therefore when I said "Tucker, let's make something special for daddy," (and I meant like color a picture) he ran into the kitchen and immediatly pulled over a chair to the counter, got out my mixer, and tried to open the cupboard...soooo we made Daddy a butter recipe chocolate cake. And of course, if he makes a cake, he MUST lick the beaters. And then if he make a big mess, he gets to do his favorite thing..TAKE A BATH!And of course, after he takes a bath and gets ALL CLEAN, we must try this cake we made for Daddy. Which means..another mess for this happy little boy :)
There is certainly no great feeling than the one I get from even looking at this little boy. He brings out the best in me (and his father) and makes everything better. I love to see a smile and no matter what, he never fails to make me smile..even on the days when he makes me (or does it himself) pull my hair out. I love being a mommy and my baby boy is an amazing little guy. I love hearing him call out to his mama in his sleepy morning voice and even in his scared, grumpy middle of the night voice. Every hug and kiss he gives me is treasured. I am most definitely blessed.
ok, I'm not saying I almost cried but... lol that was the sweetest thing ever!
ReplyDeleteawwwe girl you are soo sweet!
ReplyDelete