Gotta write this while it's still pretty fresh in my mind!
Rylie Grace
We woke up Sunday (May 1) and after some fresh cinnamon rolls for everyone in bed, we decided to take Tucker to see the baby ducks at the Bog Garden (total bust btw..there was only one! But a ton of big ducks and geese.)
We woke up Sunday (May 1) and after some fresh cinnamon rolls for everyone in bed, we decided to take Tucker to see the baby ducks at the Bog Garden (total bust btw..there was only one! But a ton of big ducks and geese.)
I was feeling crampy the whole morning but knew it wasn't REAL labor. Shortly after we got home from the Bog Garden, I started having regular contractions..about 4 minutes apart, but not intense or very painful. So while Tucker napped and Daddy played Mario, I went walking. When I got back from walking, I noticed I was bleeding so after talking to the midwife, I went to the hospital to be checked, just in case. After an hour on the monitors, they sent me home in "early" labor...still 2 cm.
I cooked dinner, cleaned up and after Tucker's shower, I took one myself. Just as I was stepping out of the shower, my water broke! (about 7 pm)
So I read Tucker some bedtime stories, we put him in bed for the night. I drove myself to the hospital while Zeke stayed at home until some friends go there to sit with Tucker until my mom got there.
I was still only 2 cms.
Contractions were 2-3 minutes apart but still not too intense or painful...and at about 4:30 am, I agreed to start Pitocin. So by 4:45 the pit drip had started and things were picking up. INTENSE and HORRIBLE back labor!!!!!!!!!! All the pain tolerance methods, research, etc went out the window and by 11ish, I was crying and begging for the epidural! Something I swore I'd never do! But soooooooooooo thankful that I did! Two doctors came in and started to prep me for it. The girl doctor started doing her thing and then she started asking a million questions about how and what she was doing. Turns out...the girl doing my epidural was a STUDENT and the other guy was the real doctor. If I wouldn't of been in so much pain, I would of flipped out! But she did a perfect job and I was numb within minutes. Another internal right after proved I was only at 3 cm.........
At 12, my midwife checked me again. 6 cm!!!!!!!!!!!!! At 12:30, I was feeling a ton of pressure and felt like I needed to push. And I was right...I was at ten and she was coming!!
I started pushing at 12:48 and one and half pushes later..
Rylie was born at 12:51 pm. 6 pounds 12 ounces 20 inches.
About 15 minutes old. I was holding her the first 15 minutes after her birth!!
And my boy is an AMAZING big brother to his baby sister!!
After she was born, they had a really hard time delivering the placenta and pretty much had to go in and get it. Glad I was numb for that!! However, that caused me to bleed too much and I had to remain on the pitocin drip for 12 hours after birth to control the bleeding.
I cooked dinner, cleaned up and after Tucker's shower, I took one myself. Just as I was stepping out of the shower, my water broke! (about 7 pm)
So I read Tucker some bedtime stories, we put him in bed for the night. I drove myself to the hospital while Zeke stayed at home until some friends go there to sit with Tucker until my mom got there.
I was still only 2 cms.
Contractions were 2-3 minutes apart but still not too intense or painful...and at about 4:30 am, I agreed to start Pitocin. So by 4:45 the pit drip had started and things were picking up. INTENSE and HORRIBLE back labor!!!!!!!!!! All the pain tolerance methods, research, etc went out the window and by 11ish, I was crying and begging for the epidural! Something I swore I'd never do! But soooooooooooo thankful that I did! Two doctors came in and started to prep me for it. The girl doctor started doing her thing and then she started asking a million questions about how and what she was doing. Turns out...the girl doing my epidural was a STUDENT and the other guy was the real doctor. If I wouldn't of been in so much pain, I would of flipped out! But she did a perfect job and I was numb within minutes. Another internal right after proved I was only at 3 cm.........
At 12, my midwife checked me again. 6 cm!!!!!!!!!!!!! At 12:30, I was feeling a ton of pressure and felt like I needed to push. And I was right...I was at ten and she was coming!!
I started pushing at 12:48 and one and half pushes later..
Rylie was born at 12:51 pm. 6 pounds 12 ounces 20 inches.
About 15 minutes old. I was holding her the first 15 minutes after her birth!!
And my boy is an AMAZING big brother to his baby sister!!
After she was born, they had a really hard time delivering the placenta and pretty much had to go in and get it. Glad I was numb for that!! However, that caused me to bleed too much and I had to remain on the pitocin drip for 12 hours after birth to control the bleeding.
This is NOT how I had planned her ideal birth, but I can't imagine it any other way. She is 100% healthy despite being 3 weeks early. And if we have any more..you better believe I'm getting the epidural..it was awesome!!
I love love love being a mommy. I have two perfectly healthy children that are the biggest sweethearts ever. I couldn't ask for more <3
I love love love being a mommy. I have two perfectly healthy children that are the biggest sweethearts ever. I couldn't ask for more <3


No comments:
Post a Comment