My parents have a woodstove (2 woodstoves) as their main heating source when its cold (ok, and if I am being honest here, if my mommy is even the slightest bit chilly.) I LOVE the way it makes their house smell (and our clothes after visiting.) But I ALWAYS hated stacking the wood both outside and inside when I was younger...however, on this last trip up there, I actually volunteered to help my younger bro and mom out a bit with some stacking as he used the splitter (I admit, as I am not fond of this "character building" as my daddy calls it, I didn't put as much effort into it as I could of..sorry.) Everyone was wearing gloves and Tucker was playing on the Mule while we worked (yes, we were keeping an eye on him. Yes, the parking brake was on. No, the keys were not in the ignition. I hid them.) After a little bit, Tucker comes walking over to us..wearing gloves!! Smart little monster had put on gloves himself to help us :)
AAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDD..
The whole time we were gone on our cross country (kinda) trip, Tucker slept in the same bed as me. Falling asleep most nights, I cuddled him and he laid with his head on my pillow. He must of gotten used to this. Since we got back and he got back into his own (big boy) bed, he has been using his blanket and random stuffed animals as pillows. So, today I went and bought him a pillow (actually, the 2 pack of pillows was only $1 more, so I got 2), put his new Cars pillowcase on it, and (after lunch) laid him down for a nap. He didn't get up at all (he learned so quick!! SOOOO proud of him!) and started out laying his little head on the pillow. He ended up folding his blanket and using it as a pillow instead. After naptime, he took his pillow, threw it on my bed (after trying to get the Cars pillowcase off), and took one of my pillows and put it on his bed. Smart little booger knew that my pillows were flatter and wanted mine instead :)
God I love this little boy :)

No comments:
Post a Comment