Tucker’s labor and delivery and all that, happened in a way that I wouldn’t of expected…but I still got the things that I wanted for the most part. For example, all natural, no separation (except for his circumcision) and lots of immediate contact.
Less than ten weeks till Rylie’s due date…so all of things I want and the way I would ideally want things to go has been on my mind a lot lately.
If I had my way, I would go to a birthing center. But since the closest one to us is in Chapel Hill (1 ½ hours away) and Tucker ended up coming in around 2 hours, there is no way for that to happen. But everything the birthing centers offer, is what I want.
One of my midwives already told me that she thinks this will be a fast labor, faster than Tucker‘s. And that sounds perfect, right? Yes in a way..
I keep going back and forth on how would be perfect. One second I think it’d be perfect for everything to happen super fast but the next I want everything to still be fast but slow enough so my mom has time to get here to watch Tucker.
Plan A…My mom gets here in time to watch Tucker for the majority of labor and everything hospital wise.
Plan B…A friend of ours watches Tucker until my mom can get here.
Plan C…Tucker goes with us and stays with me until my mom can get here.
Plan D…?? 911??? AHHH! NO thanks!!
Tucker came so fast that we were moved from a regular room to the delivery room without time to call anyone, grab our cameras or anything. Not complaining!! With no pain meds, the faster he popped out, the better! However, since the midwives all predict she will come fast and since statistics say most second babies come faster, makes me a little nervous as to how FAST she may really come and which plan we may have to take.
Don’t get me wrong, having Tucker attend wouldn’t be a bad thing. But I think it would be much less stressful on Zeke and especially myself if my mom were here with him and we didn’t have to worry about him at all. He’s a curious little thing and with all the things I ideally WANT, Zeke would have to focus most of his attention on Tucker and not be the support that I need for everything to work out. But like I said, if it happens that way and he is present, it won’t be a bad thing.
I hope to labor at home for as long as possible before going to the hospital.
I want to go ALL NATURAL. By that I mean, NO pain medicine (including but not limited to epidural), NO induction, NO medical intervention, NO help…ALL NATURAL.
I want to move around during labor.
I want to walk, use the birthing ball, change positions to however is most comfortable…
I do NOT want to be constantly monitored. Occasionally to make sure Rylie isn’t stressed is fine, just not constantly. That would make moving around and the rest of it pretty hard to do.
I want to use the shower and tub. I do NOT want to ever have a water birth (they weird me out) but I do want to labor in the shower and the tub. (This is assuming I am in labor long enough to need this. However, a short labor where this isn’t wanted or needed would be AWESOME!!)
I want to eat and drink whenever I feel like it. Especially drink…I love my water.
I want Zeke to be able to support me however I want at the time.
Massages, holding me up, supporting me verbally or physically, holding my legs to push,
supporting me while I use the birthing bar, etc…
I want a mirror so we can both watch her being born.
I do NOT want an episiotomy. I would rather tear.
I want to push WITH contractions. Not against them.
I want the option to push in different positions.
I do NOT want to push on my back. I want to try the birthing bar, use Zeke as support, squat…whatever feels best, that’s what I want to be doing.
I want to hold her AS SOON as she comes out.
I want Zeke to cut the cord again.
I want all newborn care to be done in my room or in my presence.
I want complete room-in.
We were told during our tour that they give mom and baby an hour or two after birth then take baby to the nursery for I infant care, bath, etc. Excuse me, but NO. All that can be done in my room or wait until I can go with her to the nursery. My midwives assured me they would respect this wish and we would not be separated.
I want NO separation of myself and Rylie. NONE.
I want to breastfeed ASAP. And ONLY breastfeed. No supplementing or bottles or anything of that sort.
I want to go home as soon as possible after birth.
I want little visitors until we‘re home. We’ve already asked most family to wait and everyone definitely agreed with us. We want Tucker to visit ASAP after she is born (granted he is not there for the birth.)
See…I want a LOT of things to happen in an ideal and perfect way. Its crazy that no one ever knows for sure (unless it’s a scheduled c-section or something of that sort) when or how baby will come. Wouldn’t it be awesome if all babies were born perfect, pain free and on their due dates?
This is how I really want it to happen. Any way that she comes will be perfect as long as she is healthy (and me too) but if I had MY way, that’s how it would go. Short, easy labor but long enough for mom to get here (it‘ll take her 3 hours to get here), all those things I listed above and a perfectly healthy baby girl and mama.
But like I said…Rylie is the one deciding everything…this is just how I would imagine my perfect labor and birth with her.
I'm already so very much in love with her!
Can't wait to meet my daughter!!
I love my little family and can't wait for Rylie to get here and meet her.
I can't wait for Tucker to meet his baby sister.
He's going to be an awesome big brother!


I hope it goes how you want, they have ideas of their own. mine didn't go as planned but all that mattered was that she was ok. It would be nice to have it exactly how you want though, I hope it happens for you!:)
ReplyDelete