Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Toddler Time is a HIT!!

Tucker, that dear sweet boy, woke up, crying, at 6:21 this morning. Which might not sound like a big deal to you, but it is. He is an EXCELLENT sleeper. He sleeps thru the night, he sleeps from 8 to 7:30-8:30. So on the very rare occasion that he does wake up early, he is, well, a terror. A whiny, fussy ball of terror.
Today was the first time we were going to go to Toddler Time at the library here in Greensboro. I debated whether I should take him or not since he was pitching horrible fits..but the boy does love his books, so I took him. The first five minutes there, I seriously considered leaving. He would not let me sit him down, he whined constantly, he threw his juice down. But as soon as a few other kids showed up, he turned into a good little boy. Not an angel (he still wouldn't sit on his own and he whined when others did something he didn't like, etc). Then the story time and finger plays started. ANGEL!! He did EXACTLY what he was supposed to. Clapped at the right times, sat quietly at the right times, squealed with laugher at the right times, well you get the picture. He even stayed in the little area he was supposed to! I was very glad that I took him.
However..the moment we got home he started screaming and crying and was so angry. He wanted his blankie (if you know about the blankie, you know how attached he is to it. However, lately it is a naptime and bedtime ONLY item..otherwise he has to leave it in his crib at all times. He is normally ok with this...NOT TODAY! He has cried and whined for it soooooooooooooooo many times today.
When he woke up from his usual 2 hour afternoon nap, drank chocolate milk, and had a cup of goldfish while watching Madagascar and was STILL GRUMPY, I knew it was more than just waking up early.
Little man now has 14 teeth. He had 12 before today, now his top fangs (the canines on either side of his top 4) are barely peeking thru, so thankfully after today, the grumpiness will be over (for a little bit longer anyway!)

We will be going to Toddler Time regularly now!! And also to a bunch of the other awesome activities that the local library has! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment