Monday, April 12, 2010

Weekends go by waaaaaay toooooo fast!

This is one of my favorite pictures of Tucker from this weekend. He is SUCH a SWEETHEART!!! Anyways..we were getting dressed to go on a picnic and to the park (actually..we ended up going to 2 different parks 3 times on Sunday). Tucker always helps me pick out outfits to wear..and by that, I mean I open a drawer/door and he proceeds to pull out some of my clothes, holding them out to me. Yesterday, he pulled out this bra and started giggling so hard..so i strapped it on him. He thought it was even funnier then...just wait until he figures out that saggy boobies are no good :) I'm not sure why he finds "Tucker has..aaaaaa...FATFACE!" so funny, but he CRACKS UP everytime I do it.
Peeking at Daddy thru the tunnel. Too bad it is so slippery with his pants that he can't get half way up without sliding back out the other end. He keeps on trying tho :)
Tucker loves to swing with his mommy. I pick him up and he just relaxes against me. Its an amazing feeling :)
These pictures (believe me, there are millions more of him doing these things) don't even come close to doing justice to how happy the slides make him. Not even videos can capture it properly..you just gotta be there in RL to see it. The squeals of terror and delight all bundled, the smile that lights up his whole face, how he stands up and immediatly tries to get back up it to do it all over again. Tucker is definitely all boy and enjoys every second of life :)
Needless to say, the park has become a favorite hang out of ours. Once we're up and dressed, he is heading to the door, practically begging to go out and to the park (or to see the DUcks). And the squeals of delight coming from the backseat when he can finally see the park out of the window make every second of the traffic and jerk drivers completely worth it. Oh and after seeing this mom at the park last night battle with her 3 year old over her paci, and another battle with her 2 year old over a sippy cup verses his bottle, I feel the need to mention how thankful I am that Tucker uses neither! (Only used a paci for 3 weeks when he was first born and was off the bottle COMPELTELY!! by 8 months) AND he doesn't suck his thumb.
I am also VERY VERY happy to announce that his blankie is now for sleep times ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!! It NEVER leaves his crib now, which is AMAZING!!!!!!!! Which I think that he could even sleep without it, but why should he have to? So all in all, I love the fact that I don't and won't have to battle with Tucker over these issues! It is wonderful :)
Now on to potty training...I'm seeing a lot of people with children around Tucker's age are beginning to potty train. And if your kid is potty trained at this age, CONGRATULATIONS!! That is AMAZING! But I don't plan on starting to even try with Tucker for at least a couple more months. Don't get me wrong, to be diaper-free would be simply wonderful, but I am positive that for Tucker, it would be a losing battle at the moment..and I am okay with that. He does not seem ready to even try, so I don't plan on forcing him to! He is doing better than excellent for his age, so I'm not gonna force him to try to grow up even faster than he is already doing.
As for talking, I'm seeing more and more words beginning to come out. Which both thrills and terrifies me. Him being able to actually TELL me what he wants/needs would be great, but I am NOT looking forward to him being able to tell me to leave him alone or anything like that. He said "there" this morning while looking at the window. Many other things are starting to bubble out of his mouth as well..I don't understand the majority of them, but soon I think!
He never ceases to amaze me..even with the simplest of things :)





No comments:

Post a Comment