We had a FANTASTIC weekend. Friday night, I gave Tucker a bath and then cooked dinner. When Zeke got home, he said we were going to the mall. So I left Tucker in his jammies and got ready. SURPRISE!! He took Tucker and I to the FAIR!!!!!! It was a tiny fair compared to the Mountain State Fair that we're used to, but it was perfect for Tucker's first fair. Tons of lights, people, sights, and sounds. He was sooo excited! We walked around for a bit, then saw the Duck Race game. Of course, all fair games are a rip-off, but Tucker LOVES ducks, so we played anyway. First duck Tucker picked, he won a little stuffed dog! That hasn't left his side since!! One of the best dollars ever spent. He LOVED picking out the duck and he loves loving on the dog.
The only problem was prying him away from all the ducks once he was done with his turn! But the stuffed dog (that has since been named, by Tucker, DOGGIE!) made it worth it :)
Sorry its a bit (ok, very) blurry, but he was running and pushing his stroller in circles.
After the Duck Race, we got a GIANT lemonade and a corn dog..gotta love that healthy fair food!!
So after the yummy snack, we decided to try out a fair ride..Tucker was thrilled and so excited to get on. He looked like such a big boy sitting there all by himself. The ride started and he suddenly looked terrified. First time around, all smiles. Second time around, smile was definitely fading. Third time around, full blown panic attack, complete with ear deafening screams and tons of tears. Needless to say, the ride had to be stopped! But the guy running it was so sweet (poor guy..he did not look like someone who wanted to work the kiddie rides! He and Zeke agreed he had one of the worst fair jobs!) but he rescued poor Tucker and brought him to Mommy. After some cuddles and I love yous, Tucker was good to go.
So off to the carousel we went!
We got several pictures on the carousel, but they are all blurry..I don't remember carousels going that fast! After the traumatizing panda bear ride, I could not convince Tucker to even sit on the horse. So we rode in a sleigh..and he LOVED it. Next time, I think that he will start with a nice Mommy and Me ride then move onto a single ride. Tucker was absolutely thrilled with the fair. Tucker was exhausted after the fair and fell asleep on the ride home.
Once home, the poor little guy was so exhausted that he slept thru EVERYTHING. I carried him in, changed his clothes, his diaper, did everything and he just slept right thru it :)
Saturday night...I have NEVER seen a thunderstorm so bad. I love thunderstorms!! But this thunderstorm was wild. The wind was crazy, the thunder louder and pretty much constant and the lightening was every 2 seconds for several hours. It was CRAZY!
We spent Saturday morning running errands (doing laundry and going to Sam's Club), came home for Tucker's nap, then went to help some friends out. Zeke helped do the roof on their house while the girls and Tucker hung out inside watching TV. Saturday night, after Tucker was sleeping, Zeke and I had some pina colados (LOVE them :)) and watched a movie. Sunday was spent mostly relaxing. We spent over an hour at Barnes and Noble, reading books and Tucker got to play with Thomas the train train set. Then we went out to lunch and home for Tucker's nap. He slept for about 30 minutes and woke up SOOO GRUMPY. It is NEVER a good sign when he wakes up crying. So I went in and quietly picked him up, snuggling him and brought him into the living room. Within minutes, he was sound asleep on my chest. Tucker cuddling and sleeping on me is very rare, so I love the moments when he does!! Zeke and I watched Scrubs (LOVE that show!!) and he slept for over an hour and even though we were both dripping in sweat, I loved every second of it. Dinner was breakfast..I LOVE pancakes and so do my boys!!
Today Tucker and I are spending the day in our jammies inside, watching the rain! We love rainy days :)
The only downside the past week...nights have been TERRIBLE lately. Poor Tucker is sleeping terribly! I am positive its just because of his teeth but him and I are up for SEVERAL hours EVERY night. I'm not complaining because I love every part of being a mommy..but I can't wait until teething is OVER. My thought is: ALL BABIES SHOULD BE BORN WITH ALL THEIR TEETH! It would make things so much easier (and painless) for baby and parents. Luckily, he only has 2 more teeth to go (bottom canines) and then we will be done. Well done until his 2 year molars start coming in! All in all, he went from sleeping 12 hours straight EVERY night, to about 6-7 hours..the other 5-6 hours is spent crying and cuddling. Well him crying and us cuddling. He slept better than this as an infant!! But its ok, I don't mind :-) I just wish they would come in already so he feels better. Funny that they don't seem to bother him during the day most days. But Daddy has been doing a million times better with Tucker and even let me sleep in this weekend when I needed to!!
I'm not gonna lie..I have an AMAZING little boy that I love and cherish so much.
I also have a WONDERFUL husband/baby daddy that I can depend on and works so hard for his family and that I love very much!
No comments:
Post a Comment