Monday, May 31, 2010

A Lovely Weekend in the 828

We went to Hendersonville this past weekend for our first wedding anniversary. Grandma and Grandpa Kehoe watched Tucker while we went out for some Japanese and Umi. It was delicious!! We had a LOT of ups and downs in our first year of marraige but the ups definitely outweigh the downs and we made it thru year #1!!!!!!! I love that man :)
We got in late Friday night. Tucker and I went with my mom to visit my Granny and out to lunch. Zeke met us for lunch then went to visit some friends. Tucker and I headed back to the Kehoe's house and spent most of the day playing outside. He got to ride fourwheelers, the mule, play in gross fish pond  water, play in the water hose, play the the dogs, chase butterflies, and oh so much more! When Zeke got back, I cut Zeke's hair. Then we decided to go ahead and do what I have been putting off for months...and cut Tucker's hair too.
(Ignore the nakedness.) This is before..
During the haircut...

And after his haircut!! It looks so cute!!
After the haircuts and all the play, Grandma and Grampa took Tucker out for the evening while Zeke and I went to Umi's and on a short drive. Saturday night we had some friends come over and had a small fire. It was great to see some old friends :)
Ezekiel and I have been missing Pisgah, the mountains, the parkway, everywhere we used to know. So Sunday after a trip to Smiley's Flea Market, we all went on a picnic at Coon Tree..and then did some wading! At first, he tried to jump right in..it was colder than he thought! So Daddy took Tucker out to the little rock island..and he LOVED it. Then he decided to try wadding again. He walked right out in the water..then tried running. You guessed it! He tripped in the deepest part around and went under. Popped right back up and wanted OUT now...well that only lasted 2 seconds! He LOVED the river!

Mommy and Tucker
My little family! He was looking at these little tiny fish..they were soooo tiny!

As soon as Daddy stood up, Tucker stole his chair!

I don't have a picture of it but there was this little purple butterfly that kept landing on Tucker's hair. He LOVED throwing rocks. He must of thrown a hundred rocks! I caught a few tadpoles..he picked up every one of them by the tail and put them back in the river! When his feet and lips started turning blue (after about an hour), we finally made him get out. He had such a wonderful time playing in the river :)

Then we went to Pisgah Stables. He never would actually pet one, but he liked the horses. Even when we both got sneezed on by one!


I LOVE horses. They are so pretty and such amazing animals.
I LOVE clydesdales!! The bigger, the better.

We had an amazing weekend in the 828.

No comments:

Post a Comment